From: Jeffrey Creem <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: Every little bit helps - Publicity in Embedded Systems Development mag
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:15:00 GMT
Date: 2009-01-30T00:15:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Martyn Pike wrote:
> RasikaSrinivasan@gmail.com wrote:
>> http://www.embedded.com/212902632?cid=NL_embedded
>
> An interesting article, but is it 100% accurate ?
>
> *Some* free tools maybe but I disagree with the implication that all
> those ports to most mainstream 16 and 32 bit CPUs are free.
>
> As far as I am aware, the profiles referenced here
> (http://www.adacore.com/home/gnatpro/toolsuite/runtimes/) are not free,
> not licensed by the GPL and only available to GNAT Pro customers ?

This is not quite correct. As far as I know, all versions of GNAT Pro
for all targets are free software and covered by the GPL/GPL+Exception
clause.

Just turns out that if you want to get it from AdaCore you will have to
purchase a GNATPro subscription.

So, for the free you are talking about I agree but I believe you are
incorrect about the GPL assertion.