From: Craig Carey <research@ijs.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Any way to turn of constant merging in GCC 2.8.1?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 23:37:02 +1300
Date: 2006-02-18T23:37:02+13:00	[thread overview]

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:01:03 +1300, Craig Carey wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:13 GMT, Mr Coward <anonymous@coward.org> wrote:
>
>>I need to be able to use the -fno-merge-constants option in GCC 2.8.1,
>(The GCC 2.8.1 gcc.exe executable of GNAT 3.15p accepts that command

Correction: gcc.exe of GNAT 3.15p does not accept the
-fno-merge-constants option. (I made a mistake reconfiguring
a Slickedit text editor):

   cc1.exe: Invalid option `-fno-merge-constants'

MinGW 3.3.1 is faster and better, and it's gcc.exe accepts
 "-fno-merge-constants".

 "-fmerge-constants   Attempt to merge identical constants (string
   constants and floating point constants) across compilation units."
  [is the default]

---

PS. There is a PDF help for GCC 3.4.4, here:

http://www.intelligentedu.com/blogs/Free_Computer_Books.php?p=9

| Red Hat Enterprise Linux Using the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC)
| PDF (1328 KB) |  HTML Tarball (236 KB):

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/pdf/rhel-gcc-en.pdf

(Also some PDF manuals for: cpp, gdb, and as.)

There are *.chm manuals here: http://htmlhelp.berlios.de/books/chm.php

---

It seems that Team-Ada is dying, ie. increasingly messages announce
meetings for people to visit (maybe IBM would pay for air-fares if a
deal could be figured out, eg. opposing Mr Robert Dewar in official
voting sessions):

   http://listserv.acm.org/archives/team-ada.html

My old page on other lists: http://www.ijs.co.nz/ada_95.htm

---

Tigris allows SVN hosting of Ada projects under the 'personal'
 category. Also they allow websites to be uploaded. Mr Richard allowed
 his website at www.adaworld.com to have a draft at my SVN site.
 I might upload the AdaCore Academic Initiative website adacore.com
 or something. I don't know why Mr Dewar likes pale blue so much. It
 never has been an academic colour.

I have : http://terratope.tigris.org/