* Sorry, wrong newsgroup, was Re: ISDN Blues!
@ 1999-11-05  0:00   ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1999-11-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Intended for comp.dcom.isdn

* Re: ISDN Blues!
       [not found] <0IEU3.2313$rK2.170875@ptah.visi.com>
@ 1999-11-05  0:00 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1999-11-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Replace the external modem (running all the packets through
>a serial port adds lots of latency), with either an external
  How's that?  Does the external modem wait until it's received
an entire packet before it starts forwarding that packet?
Does each byte cost 4 x 100mics locally - once to go out COM2,
then once to go out of the external modem, then the reverse?
And how big are those packets in this (gaming) case?

>> Also when I download from a site I can get 7k a sec on down loads, and
>> with 2 channels I maxed out at 10k a sec.
  The 10K is because your COM2 is limited to 115K, not 128K, and
it also has to send extra synchronizing bits.  Newer COM ports can
run faster if they have the right software.