From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Standard missing a 'Negative' subtype?...
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:07:24 -0700
Date: 2013-09-15T09:07:24-07:00	[thread overview]

On 09/15/2013 12:36 AM, Simon Wright wrote:

> "because they are needed in other parts of the ARM" shouldn't be the
> only criterion! "what users [i.e., we developers] would find useful"
> should be considered too - otherwise we wouldn't have Ada.Containers,
> for example.

True. However, these things have been around since the beginning. I don't have access to ARM-80, but even ARM-83 doesn't
have a lot of things that would be useful, such as a math library.

> That said, Negative seems to come well below the bar.

Apparently the bar was a lot higher when the predefined subtypes of Integer were created.

--
Jeff Carter
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."