From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: www.prevayler.org in ada?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:52:45 -0500
Date: 2013-08-19T16:52:45-05:00	[thread overview]

"johannes falcone" <visphatesjava@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fa12ed9b-4326-4e50-9eaa-11c846d1abe2@googlegroups.com...
> is this possible?

I have no idea what "this" is, but in software in general, and for a
general-purpose programming language like Ada, that answer is always
"yes" -- anything is possible. (I probably ought to qualify this with
"almost", since things that defy physics probably aren't possible. But it's
pretty close to anything.)

The useful questions involve cost, efficiency, and design. (Is it possible
within a certain budget? Is it possible to do efficiently? Is the design
sensible for Ada?) Just because it's possible to do something doesn't make
it a good idea.

This was my mantra during the Ada 9x process, when the user-implementor
teams [one of which I was a lead on] were asked to determine if the newly
proposed features were implementable. Of course they were implementable, but
at what cost? Was the feature usable for Ada programmers? Was the feature
efficiently implementable? And so on.

                                     Randy.