* Re: problems with'ing ncurses support
       [not found] <1152700230.062898.37290@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>
@ 2006-07-13  0:50 ` Jeffrey Creem
       [not found]   ` <1152814768.405432.124560@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2006-07-13  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

randomm@mindless.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've just built ncurses 5.5 to try to use it with GNAT 3.15p on Linux.
> The build went fine and it looks to me as though all the Ada files went
> in the proper directories.
>
> I'm trying to compile the rain.adb sample program from inside Emacs as
> follows:

> cd /home/adauser/ncurses-5.5/Ada95/samples/
> cd /home/adauser/ncurses-5.5/Ada95/samples/ && gnatmake -o
> /home/adauser/ncurses-5.5/Ada95/samples/rain rain -g -cargs -gnatqflo
> -O -bargs  -largs
> gcc -c -g -gnatqflo -O rain.adb

Maybe I am missing something but how is gnatmake supposed to find the
ncurses source code. Seems like a missing -I.

What directory does ncurses install the .ads files into?

* Re: problems with'ing ncurses support
       [not found]     ` <1152889329.516455.248480@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>
@ 2006-07-14 21:12       ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2006-07-14 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

randomm@mindless.com writes:

> After some thought, I decided to put ncurses in its own two libraries
> and set separate include and linker paths and it seems ok.   The only
> thing here is that compiling a program that withs curses support seems
> to create copies of the curses .ali and .o modules in the source
> directory, which seems objectionable since they already exist in the
> adalib.

Try write-protecting the .ali in the Ada library, I think that's what
tells GNAT not to recompile.