From: Tarek Ghaleb <invalid@invalid.org>
Subject: Re: System.Address to Access to function/procedure conversion
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 19:05:47 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2013-07-28T19:05:47+00:00	[thread overview]

On 2013-07-28, Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org> wrote:
> If you want any semblance of portability, then you should never pass
> an Address to C. You should only pass a C-convention access type.

I agree, it is a much cleaner and portable way to do it.

> ... there is no guarantee that Ada's Address has any relationship to
> a C pointer.

Interesting, I thought System.Address was equivalent to a C pointer,
and I've seen it used that way in many snippets of code, etc. For
things like void*, if not represented as System.Address, how would it
be represented then?

Tarek.

--
For fools rush in where angels fear to tread. -- Alexander Pope