* PVM or other parallel system
@ 1995-02-24  3:22 czaby
From: czaby @ 1995-02-24  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm looking for an Ada compiler which generates code for real parallel
systems such as transputers. A GNAT port to use PVM would be ideal.

Please respond to this address: czaby@dtalk.elte.hu

Thanks: Peter Czabala
        PhD student
        ELTE University
        Budapest, Hungary

* Re: PVM or other parallel system
@ 1995-02-25 16:57 ` Jacob S. Andersen
From: Jacob S. Andersen @ 1995-02-25 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Czabala (czaby@dtalk.elte.hu) wrote:
| I'm looking for an Ada compiler which generates code for real parallel
| systems such as transputers. A GNAT port to use PVM would be ideal.

Now we are at it: Has anyone plans for, or are interested in, a port of GNAT
to Taos?
I want it. - I am even considering doing the work myself (if I can).

Regards,
                     Jacob Sparre Andersen.
--
Try Ada 95 - The programming language of today
--

* Re: PVM or other parallel system
@ 1995-02-27 17:27   ` Rolf Ebert
From: Rolf Ebert @ 1995-02-27 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: czaby

PC> Hello, I'm looking for an Ada compiler which generates code for real
PC> parallel systems such as transputers. A GNAT port to use PVM would
PC> be ideal.

PC> Please respond to this address: czaby@dtalk.elte.hu

PC> Thanks: Peter Czabala PhD student ELTE University Budapest, Hungary

I once wrote a thin binding to PVM for the Alsys compiler, but it should
work without major modifications with any Ada compiler.  I had no use
for it lately, so I didn't try it with gnat.  If anybody is interested
to use my code as a starting point, I'm happy to send it to you.

	Rolf
--
Rolf Ebert                      Beratung fuer Energiesysteme und Informatik
Erich Kaestner Str. 17               Conseil en Energetique et Informatique

* Re: PVM or other parallel system
@ 1995-03-06 10:11     ` Ken Thomas
From: Ken Thomas @ 1995-03-06 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

re@waporo.muc.de (Rolf Ebert) writes:

>PC> Hello, I'm looking for an Ada compiler which generates code for real
>PC> parallel systems such as transputers. A GNAT port to use PVM would
>PC> be ideal.

>PC> Please respond to this address: czaby@dtalk.elte.hu

>PC> Thanks: Peter Czabala PhD student ELTE University Budapest, Hungary

Alsys make a Ada83 for transputers but it is expensive.

>I once wrote a thin binding to PVM for the Alsys compiler, but it should
>work without major modifications with any Ada compiler.  I had no use
>for it lately, so I didn't try it with gnat.  If anybody is interested
>to use my code as a starting point, I'm happy to send it to you.

I also have a Ada95 binding to PVM. It has been developed with gnat and
runs on Sparc workstations. It is by no means complete and future additions
will be demand driven. It also assumes a homogeneous network at present.

One interesting feature is the use of the Ada.Streams package to
pack/unpack the buffers. This means I will be able to use the stream
attributes when they emerge for data transmission.

I too can make the code available -- perhaps PAL may be a suitable place.

Ken Thomas.
uk.ac.soton.ecs