* Ada & Ontology ( OWL,RDF, JSON, dot)
@ 2013-07-15  6:36 Peter Brooks
From: Peter Brooks @ 2013-07-15  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anybody used Ada to work with ontologies?

I'll be building a new ontology soon, and I'd like one output to be Ada packages to support it. If there are existing packages that can read and interpret ontologies and exchange defined objects over defined interfaces that would save a great deal of work!

I'll be using the dot language to define the ontology initially (graphviz), then converting it to JSON and OWL - so it doesn't matter which of the three existing Ada packages handle.

If not, is there anything that supports OWL, RDF or JSON that would help with this?

Alternatively, is there a good Ada package for handling directed graphs?

* Re: Ada & Ontology ( OWL,RDF, JSON, dot)
@ 2013-07-15  7:14 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2013-07-15  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:36:22 -0700 (PDT), Peter Brooks wrote:

> Alternatively, is there a good Ada package for handling directed graphs?

Well, it is difficult to provide a universal implementation of graphs.
Usually, you would needs a custom implementation.

Anyway, Simple Components has an implementation of directed and directed
weighted graphs:

http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#directed_graphs

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Ada & Ontology ( OWL,RDF, JSON, dot)
@ 2013-07-15  9:17   ` Peter Brooks
From: Peter Brooks @ 2013-07-15  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 15 July 2013 09:14:48 UTC+2, Dmitry A. Kazakov  wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:36:22 -0700 (PDT), Peter Brooks wrote:
>

> > Alternatively, is there a good Ada package for handling directed graphs?
>

> Well, it is difficult to provide a universal implementation of graphs.
>
> Usually, you would needs a custom implementation.
>

> Anyway, Simple Components has an implementation of directed and directed
>
> weighted graphs:
>

> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#directed_graphs

Thank you!

* Re: Ada & Ontology ( OWL,RDF, JSON, dot)
@ 2013-07-16  0:35   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2013-07-16  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:36:22 -0700 (PDT), Peter Brooks wrote:
>
>> Alternatively, is there a good Ada package for handling directed graphs?
>
> Well, it is difficult to provide a universal implementation of graphs.
> Usually, you would needs a custom implementation.

Right. If your graph doesn't have any cycles (that is, it's a tree), then
Ada.Containers.Multiway_Trees is the way to go (because it's part of the Ada
Standard). Most of the data structures that I've needed can be described as
a tree (possibility with a bit of rethinking), which is why we put that
container into the Ada Standard.

                                 Randy.

* Re: Ada & Ontology ( OWL,RDF, JSON, dot)
@ 2013-07-19 21:17     ` Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
From: Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) @ 2013-07-19 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Tue, 16 Jul 2013 02:35:16 +0200, Randy Brukardt <randy@rrsoftware.com>
a écrit:

> "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 23:36:22 -0700 (PDT), Peter Brooks wrote:
>>
>>> Alternatively, is there a good Ada package for handling directed
>>> graphs?
>>
>> Well, it is difficult to provide a universal implementation of graphs.
>> Usually, you would needs a custom implementation.
>
> Right. If your graph doesn't have any cycles (that is, it's a tree),[…]
I believe this was an oops: an acyclic graph is not necessarily a tree.

* Re: Ada & Ontology ( OWL,RDF, JSON, dot)
@ 2013-07-20  5:56       ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2013-07-20  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)