From: Felix Krause <flyx@isobeef.org>
Subject: Re: Native version of GNAT Programming Studio for OSX
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 17:30:11 +0200
Date: 2013-07-02T17:30:11+02:00	[thread overview]

On 2013-07-02 09:48:19 +0000, Jerry said:

> Done. I've used it for an hour or two and it hasn't crashed. (FWIW, I
> have used GPS only a little in the past, mainly due to frustration with
> it not being a Mac program.) The biggest problem that I'm having is
> that I can't compile anything--it's not finding gnatmake. I have gnat
> at /usr/local/gnat like you instruct; however, this was not its
> installed location, which was /usr/local/adacore-gnat-2013. I merely
> renamed the path to /usr/local/gnat so maybe that is wrong (setting a
> symlink didn't work either). Maybe it has to be originally installed
> there.

Thanks for testing! gnatmake just can't be called with the current
downloadable bundle, but I already fixed it. You may drag the latest
Info.plist and launcher.sh from the develop branch [1] and replace the
ones in the app bundle to get it to work. This also seems to enable
code completion. If you have GNAT installed somewhere other than
/usr/local/gnat, you can open the Info.plist with Xcode and change the
GNAT_HOME environment variable accordingly there. (Note to self: I
should document that somewhere.)

> Overall, this is a big improvement to the user experience over the X11
> version. I think I'm finding that maybe the next biggest problem is
> that none of the standard window controls work—Command-W, Hide Others
> Option-Command-H, Command-~ to rotate through windows, and there is not
> a menu command to Bring All to Front.

I believe this is one of the things GtkOSXApplication is needed for.

> Thanks for all your work. I hope your health isn't suffering too much. :-)

Oh don't worry, I'm used to it. ;)

 [1]: https://github.com/flyx86/gps-osx/tree/develop/bundle

--
Felix Krause