From: Felix Krause <flyx@isobeef.org>
Subject: Re: Native version of GNAT Programming Studio for OSX
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 21:26:49 +0200
Date: 2013-06-30T21:26:49+02:00	[thread overview]

Some hours and packs of unhealthy food later:

I managed to build an app bundle!

Download link is contained in the readme [1], be sure to read the
important stuff before you try to launch this thing. Do not try it out
if you use AdaCore's gps binary for anything serious - it might screw
up your configuration at ~/.gps! You need to have GNAT GPL 2013
installed in /usr/local/gnat to be able to launch this (bleeding edge
constraint, will be fixed later. probably).

The most important feature compared to AdaCore's binary is probably the
ability to use the command key for keyboard shortcuts, because nobody
uses Ctrl+C on a Mac. I patched this into the source and this is what
screws up the configuration when it's used together with the original
gps.

I wrote more about the status of the app bundle in the "Known issues"
section in the readme. I built this bundle on one of my Macs and tested
it on the other one, and would be glad if anyone else can confirm it to
be working. ("tested" as in "started it and saw that it didn't crash")

 [1]: https://github.com/flyx86/gps-osx

--
Felix Krause
http://flyx.org/