From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: Linking with GNAT on Windows
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:44:26 +0100
Date: 2009-11-25T14:44:26+01:00	[thread overview]

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 04:47:24 -0800 (PST), Maciej Sobczak wrote:

> The problem proved to be related to the Visual optimization option
> that is used to enable so-called whole-program optimization (Enable
> link-time code generation). On command-line this is /GL option.
>
> This option must be switched off. I hope this observation will help
> other programmers.

MSDN:

".obj files produced with /GL and precompiled header files should not be
used to build a .lib file unless the .lib file will be linked on the same
machine that produced the /GL .obj file. Information from the .obj file's
precompiled header file will be needed at link time."

That explains a lot. Noteworthy is mentioning precompiled headers. That
stuff never ever worked in VC... Presumably /GL silently killed the entry
point in the .lib file.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov