* Meridian ADA compiler for Mac
@ 1995-04-02  0:00 kinhluan
From: kinhluan @ 1995-04-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a Meridian ADA compiler for Macintosh? If
not, do you know of any other versions that will do the same job on the
Mac.  I have tried GW-AdaEd for Mac but it doesn't work very well.

Any info on how and where to get a copy is very much appreciated.

Kinhluan (Computer Engineering student)

Please reply or Email to Kinhluan@spirit.com.au

Thanks

* Re: Meridian ADA compiler for Mac
@ 1995-04-03  0:00 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1995-04-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <kinhluan-0204951720060001@203.8.218.164>,
 <kinhluan@spirit.com.au> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Does anybody know if there is a Meridian ADA compiler for Macintosh? If
>not, do you know of any other versions that will do the same job on the
>Mac.  I have tried GW-AdaEd for Mac but it doesn't work very well.
>
>Any info on how and where to get a copy is very much appreciated.

--- cut here ---

Students can buy the Meridian OpenAda compiler from D.C. Heath.   Call them
at 1-800-334-3284.  Tell the operator you are placing a #1-PREFER order.

PC versions
   Five 3 1/2" disks plus documentation  (35629-8)
   Nine 5 1/4" disks plus documentation  (34139-8)

Mac version
   12 disks plus documentation           (35630-1)

I don't know the exact pricing.  It is $49 for bookstores.  I think it is
$69 plus shipping and tax for individuals.  And I think that they ship UPS
ground.  Might be able to pay extra for faster shipping.

For international service where the 800 number doesn't operate, try
+1 (617) 860-1340
  Telex:  923455
  Cable:  RAYTHEONEX
  FAX     +1 (617) 860-1508

* Re: Meridian ADA compiler for Mac
@ 1995-04-04  0:00   ` Laurent Gasser
From: Laurent Gasser @ 1995-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3lpdjp$1ju@felix.seas.gwu.edu>, mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Michael Feldman) writes:
|> In article <kinhluan-0204951720060001@203.8.218.164>,
|>  <kinhluan@spirit.com.au> wrote:
|> >Hi,
|> >
|> >Does anybody know if there is a Meridian ADA compiler for Macintosh? If
|> >not, do you know of any other versions that will do the same job on the
|> >Mac.  I have tried GW-AdaEd for Mac but it doesn't work very well.
|> >
|> >Any info on how and where to get a copy is very much appreciated.
|> >
|> --- cut here ---
|>
|> Students can buy the Meridian OpenAda compiler from D.C. Heath.   Call them
|> at 1-800-334-3284.  Tell the operator you are placing a #1-PREFER order.
|>
|> PC versions
|>    Five 3 1/2" disks plus documentation  (35629-8)
|>    Nine 5 1/4" disks plus documentation  (34139-8)
|>
|> Mac version
|>    12 disks plus documentation           (35630-1)
|>
|> I don't know the exact pricing.  It is $49 for bookstores.  I think it is
|> $69 plus shipping and tax for individuals.  And I think that they ship UPS
|> ground.  Might be able to pay extra for faster shipping.
|>
|> For international service where the 800 number doesn't operate, try
|> +1 (617) 860-1340
|>   Telex:  923455
|>   Cable:  RAYTHEONEX
|>   FAX     +1 (617) 860-1508

Let me complete informations.

I ordered it and have it running on a PowerMac 6100.  I have not yet
done an extensive programming with it.  It comes with MPW 3.2 and
generates 68K code only.  There is a full documentation for the
compiler, for MPW, and a library gives access to Macintosh Toolbox.

It is an Ada83 compiler, for which no further development is done.
I forgot to check the price but it was around US$69, mid March '95.
It took around two weeks to reach me here in Switzerland.

In their catalogue, they give the following address (phones are given
above):

  D. C. Heath and Company
  International Division
  125 Spring Street
  Lexington, Massachusetts 02173 USA
  e-mail: dchintl@ccmail.eo.ray.com

I still use GW-Ada for prototyping because the interface is closer of
what I am used to for Macintosh programming (the interfaces of Think
Pascal or CodeWarrior).
--
Laurent Gasser (gasser@dma.epfl.ch)
Computers do not solve problems, they execute solutions.