From: Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: New Version of the PragmAda Reusable Components Available
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 18:16:58 -0700
Date: 2013-03-16T18:16:58-07:00	[thread overview]

On 03/16/2013 04:54 PM, Björn Persson wrote:

 > · Is there a good reason why compile_all.adb lacks with clauses for
 > Character_Regular_Expression_Matcher and Skip_List_Unbounded.Put?

Probably an oversight.

 > · GCC 4.7 and 4.8 emit four instances of this warning:
 >
 > pragmarc-list_bounded.ads:23:04: warning: in instantiation at
pragmarc-list_bounded_unprotected.adb:279
 > pragmarc-list_bounded.ads:23:04: warning: cannot return a local value by
reference
 > pragmarc-list_bounded.ads:23:04: warning: "Program_Error" will be raised at
run time

 > I haven't examined it further but I figured you might want to look into
 > it.

The PragmARCs are Ada 95, and return limited values. Compiling them with a
compiler for a more recent version of the language is expected not to work.

Note that there is also a beta version of the components for ISO/IEC 8652:2007.

 > · readme.txt mentions a file named license.txt which isn't in the
 > zipfile, and one named xor.adb which looks like it should be
 > xor_problem.adb

More oversights.

 > · Have you considered using version numbers? The Fedora packages
 > contain a source URL like this:
 >
 > Source1:        http://pragmada.x10hosting.com/pragmarc.zip
 >
 > This is now wrong in released packages, as the URL now refers to
 > another version than the one in the package. This will probably not
 > cause a lot of trouble, but it would be better if it could be avoided.

Internally this release is version 94117caea35e50ca6a86e707e2a01d938cd8a474.

Externally, there is only supposed to be one version of the components: the
final version. Sometimes there are differences between the released version and
the intended final version, resulting in new releases. Presumably the 2 will
match up some day.

Thanks for the comments. I'll try to correct the oversights.

--
Jeff Carter
"All citizens will be required to change their underwear