From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Old programmers never die ...
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:35:34 -0600
Date: 2013-02-01T17:35:34-06:00	[thread overview]

"Stephen Leake" <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> wrote in message
news:85obg41848.fsf@stephe-leake.org...
> GUI's are a pain; I have yet to see a GUI framework that actually makes
> it easy. I was excited about the Android framework, but it turns out to
> have too many bugs to be easy. And they change it too fast. (when was
> the last time an API in the Ada standard _changed_?).

Answer to probably rhetorical question:

The parameter mode of Flush was changed from "in out" to "in" in 1999. "not
null" was added to the specifications of the Stream attributes in 2006. Both
of these were thought to not be incompatible for various reasons. The most
recent case I can find is the addition of a discriminant to Group_Budget
(that's a 2010 change). It's compatible in most uses as it has a default.

More importantly, there are many occurrences of routines being added to a
package, which is potentially incompatible for users that use "use" clauses.

In any case, I think this proves your point -- it's not very often. :-)

                               Randy.