From: Mutek <mutek@inventati.org>
Subject: from LabView to Ada? HowTo?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 00:57:59 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2013-01-12T00:57:59+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

I wuold like to investigate if is possible to migrate or just restart
over from an actual LabView Windows environment to a multiplatform Ada/
Gnu/Linux based solution.

I use LabView to do very simple datalogging with a lot transducers:
analog hight pressure transducers, thermocouple/temperature transducers,
LVDT analog and PWM/digital datalogging and so on.
I'm just using some very expensive NI boards but I would like to stay
away from them.

Is there a way to use Analog/Digital IO boards with GNU/Linux and program
direct with Ada?
Do you know if it's possible and how? (pointing me to some working
reference)

I mean something very closed to Arduino hardware but more professional in
terms of measurement precision.
Arduino needs to load the firmware via Processing so it's a bit far from
what I mean (using Ada to metacompile Processing and then inject into the
board)...I mean something closed to what you can do in C when vendors
give you the drivers and the .h to develop direct your solution...
So how can I do this in Ada?

Thank you in advance for your feedback,