From: "Álex R. Mosteo" <alejandro@mosteo.com>
Subject: Dimensions in Ada
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 16:22:43 +0100
Date: 2012-12-28T16:22:43+01:00	[thread overview]

I have vague remembrances of past discussions about unit systems in Ada; at
least three ways of doing it, none of them totally satisfying.

Today I have stumbled in the following Ada Gem from AdaCore:

"This Gem outlines the new GNAT dimensionality checking system. This feature
relies on Ada 2012 aspect specifications, and is available from version
7.0.1 of GNAT onwards."

http://libre.adacore.com/adaanswers/gems_single/gem-136-how-tall-is-a-
kilogram

I lack the knowledge to judge it against the other options, which I don't
even remember, but I'd like to hear opinions from interested parties. It
uses a GNAT-specific aspect, so may be that provides (or not) the necessary
magic to close the gap in previous approaches? That's what first comes to my
mind...