From: "Jeff C," <nolongersafeto@userealemailsniff.com>
Subject: Re: ACATS results with Gnat5.01p
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:50:40 GMT
Date: 2003-10-30T11:50:40+00:00	[thread overview]

"Duncan Sands" <baldrick@free.fr> wrote in message
news:mailman.243.1067499423.25614.comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org...
> Hi Jeff, thanks for doing this.
>
> > 7) I did essentially zero true functional testing of the resulting build
>
> It crashed on the first program I tried it on...  Oh well :)
>
> Duncan.

Note that 0 testing still means it was capable enough to compile itself (via
the gcc bootstrap process) and
then compile the GNAT runtime libraries. Since it bootstraps the compiler it
builds with itself is then also
run so it certainly is not totally broken (also seems to have passed (at
this point) most of the ACATS suite).

Also successfully compiles GtkAda and the GtkAda test program. (Which then
runs fine)

So, while there probably are quite a few things wrong with the packaging of
it (for example, it should probably
really update /etc/ld.so.conf so you don't have to to get things like GtkAda
to work) it certainly
is not totally broken.