From: "Nobat" <nobat@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: off-topic ...
Date: 1999/11/19
Date: 1999-11-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

"Robert Dewar" <dewar@gnat.com> wrote in message

> I can't speak for any other vendor. But Ada Core Technologies
> always provides detailed lists of improvements in each new
> version. This is the file features included in the release.
> I also post the contents of this file on CLA each time a new
> version of GNAT is released.

Thank you for your comments;

> I agree that this is important information
>
> Of course it may be that you just did not check carefully
> enough in the case of other vendors!

It is quite possible, and I hope I just did not check carefully...

Every time I stopped in Borland Inspire website: I found enough information
related to their products such as demos, white papers, presentations,
success stories, new enhancements, compiler specification,...  to find
myself directly in Buy-on-Line area (without actually contacting to their
sales personnel). When I check  Fortran Vendors websites (Lahey, Compaq,
...) I find enough information related to the last version, new
enhancements, Compiler speed, debugging technology, Optimization Procedures,
Adds-in Products and ...  this means that when you talk to a salesman you
are almost sure that you will buy it.  (and many many other examples)

Nevertheless, when I checked Ada Compiler Vendors websites I didn't feel the
same (No sufficient information, thus no Buy-on-Line area)

I still hope I just did not check carefully...

I apologize to everyone for provoking this off-topic discussion

Nobat