From: anon@att.net
Subject: Re: Multiplying fixed-point by long integer
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 05:14:08 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2012-10-05T05:14:08+00:00	[thread overview]

An old discussion mostly bwtween the 1980s and 90s.

A file "farith.c"

/*
 * multi-precision multiplication, division and exponentiation
 * for fixed point computations.
 */

which is a componet of "Ada/Ed" package that uses the "Multiple Precision
Integer Arithetic Package" written by Robert B. K. Dewar in June 16, 1980.
To preform some of the arithmetic calculations used in the "Ada/Ed" system.

Do a Google search for url of a ftp link to file using keywords

   multi-precision arithmetic "Robert B. K. Dewar" Ada/Ed farith.c

Other discussion on this subject can be found by just google and added
the name Robert B. K. Dewar. Most will be between 1980 and 1999.