* Re: Ada code/design review help
       [not found] <97cacd27-2671-4c88-80c4-006fb85348b4@googlegroups.com>
@ 2012-09-11  8:14 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2012-09-11  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

JJS <jsquirek1@student.gsu.edu> writes:

> Hello, I'am very early in the process of making a media layer for Ada
> and would like some comments on design and style. I have never done a
> project quite as involved or large as this so I am unsure of myself
> (e.g. if I am violating any standard practice).
>
> As it stands, it is a couple thousand lines (window handling, input,
> and cpu information) and it is only on win32, although I have plans to
> continue on to other platforms.

How does this differ from GtkAda or QtAda?

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Ada code/design review help
@ 2012-09-11 10:19   ` Brian Drummond
From: Brian Drummond @ 2012-09-11 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 04:14:55 -0400, Stephen Leake wrote:

> JJS <jsquirek1@student.gsu.edu> writes:
>
>> Hello, I'am very early in the process of making a media layer for Ada
>> and would like some comments on design and style. I have never done a
>> project quite as involved or large as this so I am unsure of myself
>> (e.g. if I am violating any standard practice).
>>
>> As it stands, it is a couple thousand lines (window handling, input,
>> and cpu information) and it is only on win32, although I have plans to
>> continue on to other platforms.
>
> How does this differ from GtkAda or QtAda?

Apart from being Windows only...

Perhaps it doesn't rely on a huge C or C++ toolkit like GTK or QT as a
layer between the Ada code and Windows (or X11 if he goes multiplatform
later).

In any case, if you are suggesting he study GTKAda etc before investing a
huge effort, in case either of them offer anything he could re-use, I
would agree.

- Brian