From: Manuel Collado <m.collado@domain.invalid>
Subject: Re: Ada's identifiers casing considered ugly
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 23:07:25 +0200
Date: 2012-09-05T23:07:25+02:00	[thread overview]

El 05/09/2012 21:37, Vinzent Hoefler escribió:
> Pascal Obry wrote:
>
>> Le 05/09/2012 21:01, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) a écrit :
>>> (this topic is for fun)
>>>
>>> I was reading the Python's PEP‑8, which I have not read so far, when
>>> just saw this:
>>>
>>>    http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/
>>>
>>>    > The following naming styles are commonly distinguished:
>>>    > […]
>>>    > Capitalized_Words_With_Underscores (ugly!)
>>
>> iunderstandthemasitisreallyhardtoreadatextwithunderscoresseparatingwords.
>
> AndItSureDoesNotLookSoUgly.

Ada code is case insensitive. So a code reformatter can safely change
the case of identifiers to a normalized form, in order to avoid variants
of the same identifier inside a set of source files. If there are no
underscores to delimit components of a composed identifier, then they
can/should be merged in a single word. Underscores as separators ensure
that the composed name remains a composed one.

After that, capitalization of individual components of a composed
identifier remains a matter of taste. Some people will find it easier to
read (w.r.t. all lowercase or uppercase).

Just my 2c.
--
Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado