From: Antti Louko <alo@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: Question: re Image Files.
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 13:05:05 +0300
Date: 2012-09-04T13:05:05+03:00	[thread overview]

On 2012-08-31 20:36, Austin Obyrne wrote:

> That program is a disgrace - I have checked out the concept also and
> it does nothing for the problem - it is a mis application - you're
> not in that league that you can hand out rebukes and admonitions -
> you are deluding yourself - any body else who has checked your link
> wil agree - and to find it doesn't even complile properly on top of
> it all should surely make you cringe. LOL
>
> Why don't you post a demonstartion here of a sample program that
> works.
>
> I shouldn't have bothered listening to you knowing your past but I
> was being considerate to a foolish degree given your unfortunate
> record.

Austin Obyrne, you are a disgrace yourself.  Mark offers you a program
what does _exactly_ what you request, reading and writing raw files,
reading to integer values in range 0..255 and and writing them back to
file.  Applying this information in your crypto program would give you
_exactly_ the functionality you are looking for: a general file
encryption and decryption.

Instead of thanking him, you insult him.  His program, after removing
the suffle procedure, compiles and works. To get it run in speed in
Linux, one would of course replace /dev/random with /dev/urandom, but
that is also a detail any competent programmer would notice. And you
using Windows wouldn't even notice as in Windows you would need to
replace that with something else.

Austin Obyrne, you are a moron, go away and leave us alone.