* John English's adacraft online book
@ 2012-08-25 10:12 Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2012-08-25 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

The links to 'Ada 95 - the craft of object-oriented programming' are
broken; has anyone taken a copy? Ada-Belgium? (I had a look, couldn't
see anything).

* Re: John English's adacraft online book
@ 2012-08-25 11:41 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2012-08-25 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Wright writes on comp.lang.ada:
> The links to 'Ada 95 - the craft of object-oriented programming' are
> broken; has anyone taken a copy? Ada-Belgium? (I had a look, couldn't
> see anything).

This link works for me:

http://faculty.cs.wwu.edu/reedyc/AdaResources/bookhtml/contents.htm

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: John English's adacraft online book
@ 2012-08-25 16:41 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2012-08-25 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.computer-books.us/ada95_1.php

http://babdoc.free.fr/mag_info/John%20English%20-%20Ada%2095%20The%20Craft%20of%20Object-Oriented%20Programming.pdf

http://www.adaic.org/resources/add_content/docs/craft/

--
Jeff Carter
"I was hobbling along, minding my own business, all of a

* Re: John English's adacraft online book
@ 2012-08-25 20:48   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2012-08-25 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:

> Simon Wright writes on comp.lang.ada:
>> The links to 'Ada 95 - the craft of object-oriented programming' are
>> broken; has anyone taken a copy? Ada-Belgium? (I had a look, couldn't
>> see anything).
>
> This link works for me:
>
> http://faculty.cs.wwu.edu/reedyc/AdaResources/bookhtml/contents.htm

This is good. The links to the example code have been fixed.

Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org> adds:

> http://www.computer-books.us/ada95_1.php

This gets you there after a bit of roundaboutation. The example code
links still point to Brighton University.

> http://babdoc.free.fr/mag_info/John%20English%20-%20Ada%2095%20The%20Craft%20of%20Object-Oriented%20Programming.pdf

This is PDF, but good. Again, the example code links are broken.

> http://www.adaic.org/resources/add_content/docs/craft/

You must have had an old link to this, I can't see any links to it on
the site. The AdaCraft link I did find (at [1]) is broken. Again, the
example code links are broken.

[1] http://www.adaic.org/learn/materials/#ada_95_books

* Re: John English's adacraft online book
@ 2012-08-27 22:54     ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2012-08-27 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Simon Wright" <simon@pushface.org> wrote in message
> You must have had an old link to this, I can't see any links to it on
> the site. The AdaCraft link I did find (at [1]) is broken. Again, the
> example code links are broken.
>
> [1] http://www.adaic.org/learn/materials/#ada_95_books

I can explain this, at least. The old (really "middle") AdaIC site had a
copy (not links) to the AdaCraft book (by permission of the author, of
course). This was a 2002 version of the book. When the site was redesigned,
it was decided to link to the book rather than hosting it, so the pages
switched to links. (I think there was a newer version available that we'd
never upgraded to, so that probably was a good choice.)

The above link was the access on the previous version of the site; while we
try to automatically redirect to the correct pages, we didn't try to emulate
the subtags and thus the above doesn't do anything.

                                                            Randy.