From: "Álex R. Mosteo" <alejandro@mosteo.com>
Subject: Re: Ada networking (Adagio)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:59 +0200
Date: 2012-08-20T10:59:00+02:00	[thread overview]

Shark8 wrote:

> Hey, I was hoping to get a bit more familiar with using Ada for networking
> programs; I found referenced to Adagio, which is supposed to be (or have
> been, it's inactive now) a Gnutella2 program.
>
> The project is inactive and none of the files appear to have been
> archived/downloadable. The last known source was contained in a zipfile
> adagio-src.2.1.e.zip, which I cannot find for download either.
>
> I was wondering if anyone on this thread might have a copy laying around
> on their HD.

I'm the author and I'm pretty sure I keep the whole history in some archived
SVN. If you're interested I could try to dig it out. Also, perhaps I could
simply convert it to git and put it in github.

I'm not sure how good a resource it is for learning from; I did learn a lot
about blocking and non-blocking sockets when programming that (I
experimented with both approaches -- IIRC a stack size related thread limit
in Windows prompted me to abandon blocking IO in the end), but the code more
or less grew up with little foreplanning.

Alex.