* Ann: AdaWorld posting
@ 2005-11-29 23:27 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2005-11-29 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephane Richard has kindly posted to www.adaworld.com an application,
"Scout" that reads/writes/converts latitude&longitude (preserving
precision) , Metes&Bounds ("thence N 12d 34' 56" E 78.9 ft" style),
State Plane Coordinates, and path files for Google Earth and NASA
WorldWind.  Includes both Ada source code and Windows executable.

* Re: Ann: AdaWorld posting
@ 2005-11-30 14:44 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2005-11-30 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

tmoran@acm.org wrote:
> Stephane Richard has kindly posted to www.adaworld.com an application,
> "Scout" that reads/writes/converts latitude&longitude (preserving
> precision) , Metes&Bounds ("thence N 12d 34' 56" E 78.9 ft" style),
> State Plane Coordinates, and path files for Google Earth and NASA
> WorldWind.  Includes both Ada source code and Windows executable.

Tom was also good enough to incorporate a feature whereby Scout will
accept as input the Tab Separated Value (TSV) output from the Garmin GPS
MapSource application.  One simply needs to cut out everything but the
Trackpoint lines from the file, either before or after loading it into
Scout, and can then convert those points into whatever formats it supports.

This has worked great for me when taking my GPS along on an ATV ride
through the hills around my place, exporting the track log, running it
through Scout to get a Google Earth kml file that I can overlay onto the
terrain and do flyovers--impressed the heck out of my neighbor :-)

Ada rocks!   :-)

-- Marc A. Criley
-- McKae Technologies
-- www.mckae.com