From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: List of Negative Language rules?
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 21:56:09 -0500
Date: 2012-08-05T21:56:09-05:00	[thread overview]

"Patrick" <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote in message
news:245a4369-4691-46b6-b6f5-b164d3dd0e99@googlegroups.com...
> I agree the term negative might not be right but I don't know what to call
> rules that are about what can't be done.

You're probably interested in Legality Rules, which can be written
positively or negatively. But they all end up about something that cannot be
done.

> Thanks for your tip. I am now using pdfgrep on the RM to look for certain
> words

That won't be very fruitful, for the reasons others noted.

BTW, the closest thing to a list of Legality Rules is the test objective
spreadsheets for the ACATS. Every potential test objective for a B-Test is a
rule about something that cannot be done. The test objectives spreadsheets
were only created for a small part of the Standard, however. Based on that
subtest, I'd say that there are several thousand such rules, so you're
undertaking a large job (and one that is not the useful, simply because of
the sheer size). You can download the ACATS 3.0 versions of the spreadsheets
from Ada-auth.org.

                                                 Randy.