From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: How to enable Ada with GCC in linux
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 05:03:32 -0500
Date: 2012-07-25T05:03:32-05:00	[thread overview]

On 7/25/2012 4:51 AM, Brian Drummond wrote:

> You can have more than one gnat installed, and fiddle with paths to
> switch between them. (It can get confusing though.)

I have few VM's with different linuxes in them. For example, one I use
only for latest octave because it is not to date on the other distro I use
more. It was easier to just install the different distro which had the
up-to-date package for octave than build one (it is big). I have other
VM's for different things also. Some to try different things on.

So, one can easily have one VM for GNAT 2012, one VM for GNAT/gcc and
keep things separate.  They are all just different windows on the desktop.
No difference than having them on the same Linux or different ones.

I use shared files system between them all, and mount the FS from each,
so the data is all shared. I also have Dexpot virtual desktop on windows
and so I can have as many virtual desktops as I want, so I can move
the VM's around.

Memory is cheap, diskspace is cheap. Linux is free, VBox is free.
Run 10 different linuxes's on the same host. no problem. I think
I installed 30 different Linux disto's so far, lost count :)

ps. one can boot Vbox VM from the iso image directly. i.e. No need
to even burn the iso image to DVD first then boot from that.

--Nasser