From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Differences in finalization of controlled objects between gcc 4.6 and gcc 4.7
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 21:56:14 -0500
Date: 2012-07-19T21:56:14-05:00	[thread overview]

"Markus Sch�pflin" <no.spam@spam.spam> wrote in message
news:ju93rg$43j$1@speranza.aioe.org...
> Am 19.07.2012 15:45, schrieb Georg Bauhaus:
>> On 19.07.12 14:23, Markus Sch�pflin wrote:
>>> Is there a way to have the objects created in place directly in the
>>> array?
>>
>> Can you make the type limited?
>
> No, I need to be able to copy them around. But IMHO that shouldn't make a
> difference in this case, the compiler should be able to figure out that it
> can construct the objects in place, shouldn't it?

If the type isn't limited, there are cases where you can't build the objects
in place. And it's likely that the implementation of build-in-place
functions is different than ones that copy (BiP probably passes in some
memory and/or a storage pool; regular just returns a temporary created
inside the function).

It's unlikely that an implementer would want to have two versions of a
function, so its quite possible that they don't ever build-in-place
non-limited objects.

(But there is a permission to do so, so you cannot depend on the Adjust
being called.)

                                  Randy.