From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: C++11 and Ada 2012 - renaissance of native languages?
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:32:37 -0500
Date: 2012-06-23T22:32:37-05:00	[thread overview]

On 6/23/2012 4:36 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Nasser M. Abbasi:
>
>> Oracle is getting ready now to make it is possible to build
>> JavaFX and Java apps as 'native' (should be a major move
>> for Java if this works out well)
>

> There is nothing "native" about it, it's just bundling yet another
> copy of the JRE.

I know that. I did read many articles about it.

 From user-point-of-view, no JRE is needed pre-installed
at user platform. Just click and run. all is packeged into
one 'file'. Process name is the app, not Java.exe, and many
more.

Hence it works, feels, behaves if one just downloaded
a .exe (i.e.as native app would). User would care-less
that is inside.

Even better, no dependency on shared libraries outside of
the .exe that might needs setting of LD_LIBRARY_PATH since
all is bundled).

What is that say: if it sounds like a duck, runs like duck, etc...
... then it must be a duck?

--Nasser