From: BrianG <me@null.email>
Subject: Re: OOP in Ada: Alternatives for "protected" scope
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 21:41:05 -0400
Date: 2012-05-03T21:41:05-04:00	[thread overview]

On 05/03/2012 05:27 PM, Felix Krause wrote:

> The function Calculate should only be used internally. I do not see a
> good way to enforce this with Ada: I do not want to move it to P_A's
> private part, because child classes of A should not be required to be
> located in sub-packages of P_A.

Since those other languages' Class is equivalent to a combination of
Ada's Tagged Type, associated Primitive Operations (etc.), and
containing Package (i.e. "Class" provides the container and name-space,
part of the other-language definition of "OOP", which Ada provides in a
more general way with Packages), this is equivalent to saying those
languages should not require a derived type to be contained within a
Class derived from the parent.

--
---
BrianG