* A bit off topic...
@ 2012-04-12 20:28 mockturtle
From: mockturtle @ 2012-04-12 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

...but not as much.  A kickstart project that could interest someone

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airshipambassador/wollstonecraft

(at least out of curiosity).  An excerpt from the newsletter:

    "Inspired by his own literature-loving daughter, Jordan Stratford's Wollstonecraft is a work of historical fiction telling the story of two unsung women: Ada Byron, the world's first computer programmer, and Mary Shelley, the world's first science fiction author. The resulting tale mixes math and science with mystery and adventure, transforming Ada and Mary into young detectives who must use their smarts to save the day. "

* Re: A bit off topic...
@ 2012-04-12 20:42 ` mockturtle
From: mockturtle @ 2012-04-12 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:28:47 PM UTC+2, mockturtle wrote:
> ...but not as much.  A kickstart project that could interest someone
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airshipambassador/wollstonecraft
>
> (at least out of curiosity).  An excerpt from the newsletter:
>
>     "Inspired by his own literature-loving daughter, Jordan Stratford's Wollstonecraft is a work of historical fiction telling the story of two unsung women: Ada Byron, the world's first computer programmer, and Mary Shelley, the world's first science fiction author. The resulting tale mixes math and science with mystery and adventure, transforming Ada and Mary into young detectives who must use their smarts to save the day. "

I reply to myself...
I just checked Wikipedia and I discovered that Mary Shelley was born in 1797, 18 years before Ada (who was borne in 1815), however in the kickstart page the two seem to be both little girls.

Oh well...

* Re: A bit off topic...
@ 2012-04-12 23:30   ` BrianG
From: BrianG @ 2012-04-12 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/12/2012 04:42 PM, mockturtle wrote:
> On Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:28:47 PM UTC+2, mockturtle wrote:
>> ...but not as much.  A kickstart project that could interest someone
>>
>> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airshipambassador/wollstonecraft
>>
>> (at least out of curiosity).  An excerpt from the newsletter:
>>
>>      "Inspired by his own literature-loving daughter, Jordan Stratford's Wollstonecraft is a work of historical fiction telling the story of two unsung women: Ada Byron, the world's first computer programmer, and Mary Shelley, the world's first science fiction author. The resulting tale mixes math and science with mystery and adventure, transforming Ada and Mary into young detectives who must use their smarts to save the day. "
>
> I reply to myself...
> I just checked Wikipedia and I discovered that Mary Shelley was born in 1797, 18 years before Ada (who was borne in 1815), however in the kickstart page the two seem to be both little girls.
>
> Oh well...

Yeah, but Ada was ahead of her time, so it all balances out even.

--
---
BrianG