From: jls@rutabaga.Rational.COM (Jim Showalter)
Subject: Re: Ada Programming Support Environments (APSEs).
Date: 1 Apr 91 21:19:50 GMT	[thread overview]

>I haven't been paying too much
>attention to APSE's in general because I didn't believe anyone was working
>much beyond the basic compiler.

We offer an integrated development environment for Ada that includes
interactive syntactic and semantic assistance within the editor, a
high-level object-oriented library management system, a CM system
fully-integrated with the compilation and library systems, full symbolic
debugger, host/target integration tools ranging from cross-compilers
to remote compiler integration, code analysis tools, various programmatic
tools for accessing environment information, front-end integration with
TeamWORK and Interleaf, interactive hyper-text traceability among
requirements, code, PDL, and documents, etc etc etc.

Much of this has been available for at least five years.

For anyone interested, send me a snail-mail address and I'll send
you some literature.
--
***** DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed herein are my own, except in
      the realm of software engineering, in which case I've borrowed