From: jls@rutabaga.Rational.COM (Jim Showalter)
Subject: Re: Status of Diana?
Date: 26 Mar 91 02:51:47 GMT	[thread overview]

>Who uses Diana as an intermediate language in their compilers?

We (Rational) do.

>Does Rational use it for storing files?

You mean text files? No. If you mean Ada units, we store Ada units
_as_ DIANA trees. That's what gives the Environment its power.

>What is the latest version?
>Where can you get the documentation for that version?

Hard to say. I believe the draft standard was never formally adopted
by a standards body, and has sort of sat around for several years.
We adhered quite closely to the standard, but there are areas where
we diverged: so much for the dream of a common APSE core, huh?

>Is anybody using it for tools other than compilers?

We use it for code analysis tools, PDL, hyper-code traversal, and
a number of other things.

>Has anyone added object code attributes or somehow represented optimizations?

We decorate the tree with code segments and other compiler information
not specified in the original standard.
--
***** DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed herein are my own. Duh. Like you'd
ever be able to find a company (or, for that matter, very many people) with