From: jls@yoda.Rational.COM (Jim Showalter)
Subject: Re: Ada Code Efficiency
Date: 23 Feb 91 23:50:09 GMT	[thread overview]

We sell several compilers that stomp the shit out of the best
C compilers available. No big deal--just computer science. People
have been acting like there is something magical about all this,
which is just dumb. Graph coloring algorithms for allocating
registers work basically the same regardless of the language
for which said registers are to be allocated. Etc etc etc. Put
enough effort into writing a quality compiler, and you get quality
results.

And, best of all, you then get to write in Ada instead of some
godawful abortion like C.
--
***** DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed herein are my own. Duh. Like you'd
ever be able to find a company (or, for that matter, very many people) with