From: jls@yoda.Rational.COM (Jim Showalter)
Subject: Re: SPC Ada Style Guide
Date: 18 Feb 91 00:07:17 GMT	[thread overview]

The Rational Environment, because it retains all semantic information
in the form of DIANA trees, makes it very easy to enforce stylistic
rules at compile time, INTERACTIVELY. We have had several customers
implement a variety of design and/or implementation standards with
these mechanisms, some of which were quite complex (e.g. forbidding
particular arguments to certain pragmas depending on other attributes
of the comp unit). Cost of implementing such checking is a fraction of
the cost of starting from scratch, since without access to the underlying
DIANA the implementor basically has to redo the front-end for an Ada
compiler.
--
***** DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed herein are my own. Duh. Like you'd
ever be able to find a company (or, for that matter, very many people) with