From: dirk@vana.cs.kuleuven.be. (Dirk Craeynest)
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2012 - Presentations Ada Developer Room on-line
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 23:05:10 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2012-02-07T23:05:10+00:00	[thread overview]

Ada seems to have made a good impression at FOSDEM 2012 last weekend.

See among others a brief blog-report on the talk about programming
a Lego Segway-like robot : <http://legopunk.com/?q=node/104>.

Also, see some of the reactions on Twitter:
<http://twitter.com/#!/search/Ada%20FOSDEM>

-------
Was the best FOSDEM moment the Lego Segway programmed in Ada?

One of my FOSDEM takeaway; it's possible to program Arduino using Ada!

Haven't written any Ada for years - interesting to see the latest
developments

Will really need to try ada out... seems like a cool old school
language...

Programming Lego Mindstorm in Ada. This is gonna be cool.

Lego Mindstorms and Ada - curious!

at #fosdem, holding an #arduino-like board with an accelerometer running
#ada and streaming real-time data to the beamer :)

At fosdem, being introduced to #ada. Seems lovely ;)

In a huge lecture hall listening to talk on #ada about free and open
source software @fosdem by @AdaCore
-------

All in all, it was nice to see quite some interest from a very diverse
public.  And although this year's DevRoom had 37% more seats compared
to our previous one (81 vs. 59), plus more competition from the +-20
parallel tracks, several of our presentations drew a full room.

Ada is getting "cool"... ;-)

Dirk
Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.be (for Ada-Belgium/-Europe/SIGAda/WG9 mail)