From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: can one create an array of a size determined by a constant value of a function?
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 05:00:11 -0600
Date: 2012-02-04T05:00:11-06:00	[thread overview]

Quick question for the experts:

I was looking at c++11 standard, where it show how
one can allocate an array of some size. The size is
determined by a function call. This is done at compile
time though where the compiler can determine the result
of the function, like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B11#cite_note-2

"constexpr int get_five() {return 5;}
int some_value[get_five() + 7]; // Create an array of 12 integers. Legal C++11
This allows the compiler to understand, and verify, that get_five is
a compile-time constant.
"

constexpr is new and was added in c++11

Is it possible to do something like this in Ada?
I am not sure now how useful or common such a feature would
be actually, but was just wondering how it will look
in Ada.

thanks,

--Nasser