From: jcreem@mailgw.sanders.lockheed.com (Jeff Creem)
Subject: Re: GNAT GUI for Sun Ultra 2 w/ Solaris 2.5.1
Date: 1997/05/14
Date: 1997-05-14T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <970513234402_68847536@emout15.mail.aol.com>, SimpsonMS@AOL.COM
wrote:

>Teamers:
>
>Does anyone know of a GUI front-end for GNAT v3.09 similar to the
>Windows 95 or NT versions that will work on a Sun Ultra 2 under
>Solaris 2.5.1?

I use ddd for a graphical front end to gdb. It works very
nice once you understand how to work gdb with GNAT (if only
it would auto convert variable names to lower case on a click/print!)

For the editor environment use either
xemacs with Ada mode, I dont have a url off hand but this one
should be easy to find

or

A tool called grasp is not bad either
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/

If you want to do GUI development, take a look at the xforms
library (there is an xforms Ada binding and a GUI builder that
outputs (essentially) Ada code. I dont think the binding is
up to date with the latest rev of GNAT but the problems were
pretty  easy to fix. Poke around at http://ocsystems.com/xada/xforms1.html
for info. You can download the xforms library for free but if you
use it for any real work I think they want you to buy a copy

Jeff