From: anon@att.net
Subject: Re: Ada Standards
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 06:57:21 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2011-11-25T06:57:21+00:00	[thread overview]

In <5994234.589.1322191928216.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqli7>, "Rego, P." <pvrego@gmail.com> writes:
>How are published the new Ada Standards? I mean, when looking for some ques=
>tions here in forum I read some posts where some people talk (at least look=
>ed to me) very fluently about new features for Ada 2012 and even for Ada 20=
>20, as if they were defined from long ago. I guess WG9 don't have so many p=
>eople or I have missed something.
>
>Ok, Adacore has just released a GNATPRO previous version which includes som=
>e features of Ada 2012, and reading the release notes made me learn a littl=
>e about these new features. AUJ and Ada Europe Conf always get some news to=
>o and I also read the John Barnes introduction for the Ada 2012 rationale. =
>But sometimes I cannot distinguish if people talk about suggested/desired f=
>eatures (as if they were to be implemented) or if they talk about decided/p=
>ublished features by WG9/ISO.
>
>Maybe is there a draft of ARM2012 available?

For Ada programmer we just donwload the copy from

http://www.ada-auth.org/standards/ada12.html

either in PDF/ HTML ( zipped ) / TEXT files ( zipped ). There is the
Ada 2012 Language Reference Manual (Ada LRM aka RM) or the Annotated
Ada 2012 Language Reference Manual (AALRM). For quick reference most
will use the RM. For writting compilers most will use the AALRM.