From: Jinsong Zhao <jszhao@yeah.net>
Subject: how to organize source code for a complete software? Thanks!
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 00:20:53 +0800
Date: 2011-10-10T00:20:53+08:00	[thread overview]

Hi there,

I am new to Ada, and I just have some experiences in using Fortran.

When using Fortran, I generally put each subroutine or function in a
separate file, e.g., dot.for for dot product of two vectors. Then a
main.for that call the necessary subroutine or functions. It seems to be
rational.

When I using Ada, I don't know how to do. There are procedure, function,
package, package body, and so on (with different file extension, e.g.,
ada, adb, ads, ...). And there is no main program.

Would anyone here like to give a an analogy between the source code
organization in Fortran and the one in Ada?

And, please, if you like, point me a small, complete open source
software in Ada (not a library or package). I should be compiled and
run. I just hope to learn how to start a software in Ada by example.

Any suggestions or comments will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jinsong