From: "Frode Tennebø" <frodet@nvg.org>
Subject: Re: Ada, Qt & Swig
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:00:51 +0200
Date: 2000-10-18T00:00:51+02:00	[thread overview]

Preben Randhol wrote:
> On 17 Oct 2000 13:52:59 GMT, Frode Tenneboe wrote:
> >There is already a Ada bindign to GTK, however with the GPL of Qt
> >and Qt/Embedded, I was thinking that Qt might be a right option
> >for some. Has anyone looked into this?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean, but GTK is also GPL. Though it would
> probably be nice with a QT binding as well.

Qt is a commercial product - more 'sellable' to the Ties. Also, there
does not exist a GTK/Embedded. :)

> >Since there already exists a Qt binding for Perl, it should not
> >be too difficult to implement one for Ada?
>
> You'll have to wrap C++ functions though.

Perl does that already, though I'm not sure about the mechanism behind
that, but it should be doable. And GNAT has separate pragmas for C++.
I tried a rather complicated test with a commercial product, but hit
the wall when the precompilled binary was compilled with the SUN
compiler and I was not able to look further into the Vtables stuff to
see if that was the issue. I suspect that this goes away if both the
C++ and Ada code generator is gcc.

 -Frode

--
^ Frode Tenneb� | email: frodet@nvg.org | Frode@IRC  ^
| with Standard.Disclaimer; use Standard.Disclaimer; |