* AdaTutor is not working because of wrong USERDATA.TXT
@ 2011-09-22  5:50 Georg Maubach
From: Georg Maubach @ 2011-09-22  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Listers,

I compiled ADATU401.ADA on my Debian GNU Linux 5.0.4 Lenny system and
ran ./adatutor.

AdaTutor complains that the USERDATA.TXT file has the wrong form. cat
produced this output:

 104
 7
 0
 0

I just copied the file from the zip file provided with the sources.

How can I fix that?

Kind regards

George

* Re: AdaTutor is not working because of wrong USERDATA.TXT
@ 2011-09-22  6:01 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2011-09-22  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 09/21/2011 10:50 PM, Georg Maubach wrote:

> AdaTutor complains that the USERDATA.TXT file has the wrong form. cat
> produced this output:
>
>   104
>   7
>   0
>   0
>
> I just copied the file from the zip file provided with the sources.
>
> How can I fix that?

This file has CR-LF line terminators. GNAT Ada.Text_IO on Linux expects LF line
terminators. Try converting the file to Linux format.

--
Jeff Carter
"If you think you got a nasty taunting this time,

* Re: AdaTutor is not working because of wrong USERDATA.TXT
@ 2011-09-22 10:41   ` Peter C. Chapin
From: Peter C. Chapin @ 2011-09-22 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2011-09-22 02:01, Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> This file has CR-LF line terminators. GNAT Ada.Text_IO on Linux expects
> LF line terminators. Try converting the file to Linux format.

The program dos2unix does this, by the way. Thus

$ dos2unix *.txt

Peter