From: Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Ada Packages
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 23:15:03 -0700
Date: 2011-09-16T23:15:03-07:00	[thread overview]

On 09/16/2011 10:45 PM, George wrote:

> If I call gnat compile basic_num_io.ads I get the error message:
>
> basic_num_io.ads:8:01: end of file expected, file can have only one
> compilation unit

basic_num_io.ads clearly has at least 8 lines in it, not the 3 you presented.
Since I don't know what's in this file, I can't really help you. Make sure this
file only contains the package specification.

In general, you don't need to compile the package specification; that's done
automatically when you compile the body.

gnatmake basic_num_io.adb

should do that for you, once you get the contents of the files correct.

> What am I doing wrong? Where can I find it in the documentation?

The documentation depends on which version of GNAT you're using. Documentation
for GNAT GPL 2011 is at

http://www.adacore.com/category/developers-center/reference-library/documentation/

--
Jeff Carter
"I'm a kike, a yid, a heebie, a hook nose! I'm Kosher,