From: David Wallace <averon@argonet.co.uk>
Subject: Hashing Algorithms
Date: 1996/03/25
Date: 1996-03-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ia working currently with a Design Issue which requiresbthe use of a hashing
algorithm for a string to an integer.

I have seen a couple of algorithms, however due to their nature would not be
allowed to incorporate them in to the software.

Could anybody point out the source of some hashing algorithms, which are
quick and do not use unchecked conversion within them. If not, I will just have
to reinvent the wheel and write one myself.

Thanks

     Dave Wallace
--
|_| |_| | _ | | | | |_   |  |Internet provider for all Acorn RISC machines|