From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Ada.Directories.Copy_File behavior
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 20:34:07 -0600
Date: 2011-02-25T20:34:07-06:00	[thread overview]

<tmoran@acm.org> wrote in message news:ijpgnh$ec8$1@speranza.aioe.org...
> If the Target_Name file already exists, does Copy_File raise an exception,
> or does it replace the old file?  I can't seem to find where the behavior
> is specified in the ARM.

The Janus/Ada implementation of Ada.Directories has the following change
note:

  Corrected Copy_File to overwrite existing files, as A.16(123/2) makes it
clear that it should work the same as Create (which can overwrite existing
files).

which points to the paragraph that answers your question.

(Which is another way of saying that I didn't remember the answer to this
until I happened across that note. And that is annoying since this package
was originally my design and mostly was worded by me. Sad to think I've
already forgotten about it...I fear my wetware needs a RAM upgrade!)

                                  Randy.