From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org>
Subject: Re: adding some more example to Ada GTK on wiki
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 01:07:40 -0800
Date: 2011-02-21T01:07:40-08:00	[thread overview]

On 2/21/2011 12:39 AM, Rick wrote:
> Hi Nasser
>
> Images in the PDFs are transparent background GIFs.  Perhaps one of
> the GtkAdaers can tell me how to improve on the resolution.  I don't
> know!

I am not sure what software you used to make the PDF files. It looks
too good to be from Microsoft word :), and it does not look like latex
either. I use PNG images, add them to my latex document, and generate
PDF use pdflatex, and resolution always looked as original.

So, may be you can PNG.

> Personally, I hate code generators.  All very well for creating the
> first version, but you will pay for it if you try to modify the code.
> Convenient they are!  Software Engineers they aren't!

Well, the trick is not to have to modify the code by hand, but
use the GUI builder always to change the GUI layout.

I tried both methods, and I just can't go back to coding GUI by
hand any more. What used to take me days, I now do in 1-2 hrs.

Any way, whatever works for one I guess.

> Anyway, I'm glad you find the stuff useful.

Yes, very useful web page.
thanks,

--Nasser