From: Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Generic Containers in Ada2005
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 17:57:09 -0700
Date: 2011-02-08T17:57:09-07:00	[thread overview]

On 02/08/2011 05:43 PM, Bryan wrote:

> I realize that I can write a wrapper interface and create my own queue, but
> queues are so common I can't believe we have Hashed_Maps and not a simple
> Queue container.

I agree. And given that the Ada philosophy was usually to provide building
blocks that the user can combine to create more complex things, it always
surprised me that the library, when it finally came into existence, requires the
implementor to have implementations of hash tables and an O(log N) searchable
structure, but not to make them available to the user. (Of course, implementors
have always had to have unlimited-precision math libraries, but not make them
available.)

Personally, I'd base a queue on the lists package rather than the vectors.

You can find queues, as well as bounded data structures in the PragmAda Reusable
Components:

http://pragmada.x10hosting.com/pragmarc.htm

--
Jeff Carter
"Mr. President, we must not allow a mine-shaft gap!"