From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Re: webcheck utility released
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:34:55 GMT
Date: 2003-11-18T22:34:55+00:00	[thread overview]

>I started with Tom's finder, but couldn't stand his coding style.
  Sorry to hear that.

>could not figure out how to make it use the file: scheme as well as http.
  The Workers task has
        if Scheme = "ftp:" then  ...
        elsif Scheme /= "http:" then  ...  (mailto etc)
        else -- Scheme is http   ...
(currently, at any rate.  I think that was the same in the adapower version)
I never implemented a "file:" scheme since it was simpler to just run
smplsrvr on a directory and do "finder 127.0.0.1".

>Which is one point in the Ada library debate; if I can't read and
>understand a library, I won't use it, no matter how many people claim
  And this is another point in the library debate: people will make
their own if they don't like/don't understand/aren't fully satisfied by
the existing library.