From: Jeffrey Carter <spam.jrcarter.not@spam.not.acm.org>
Subject: Re: Global scope for instantiated generic package?
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:49:49 -0700
Date: 2010-08-30T11:49:49-07:00	[thread overview]

On 08/30/2010 06:12 AM, Trogdor wrote:

> 1) Is this the way to do it, or is there a preffered way?

This sounds reasonable, though I'd need to have more detail to decide if it's
the way I'd do it.

> 2) Where, speciffically, do I place the above two lines (and the
> associated "with" line) so that I can BigInt_io.get from the main
> body and the package subprograms as well?

These would go in the (visible part of) the package specification.

> So far, every place I have tried has offended the compiler.  And my
> text books have been of little help (I have more on order).

It would help to know which compiler you're using, what you have tried, and how
it offended the compiler.

--
Jeff Carter
"How'd you like to hide the egg and gurgitate